There is growing evidence linking a soy-rich diet to cancer prevention. Residents of countries where soyfoods are regularly consumed are less likely to develop certain cancers. For example, breast cancer mortality rates are much lower in Asia. In the U.S., where soyfoods are consumed less often, women are four times more likely to die of breast cancer than Japanese women. Research indicates that soyfoods help protect against several types of cancer, including lung, colon, rectal, stomach, and prostate cancer. One reason may be that soyfoods are rich in compounds called phytochemicals.
One particular family of phytochemicals, isoflavones, may fight cancer in a variety of ways. Isoflavones are found in significant amounts only in soybeans and in soyfoods, such as tofu, soy milk, tempeh, and textured soy protein.
One isoflavone, Genistein, has captured special attention.
Genistein is a chemical compound found only in soy in our daily foods. Dr. Lothar Schweigerer at Heidelberg University discovered that genistein blocks an event called angiogenesis, the growth of new blood vessels that nourish malignant tumors. Once a tumor grows beyond a millimetre, it must foster the growth of new blood vessels to support its growth.
An increase in tumor size must be accompanied by an increase in blood vessel formation.
Tumors can thrive only when tiny networks of new blood vessels supply them with nutrients and oxygen. «By inhibiting blood vessel growth, genistein may keep new tumors from growing beyond harmless dimensions and eventually lead to shrink of the tumor» When genistein is added to live cancer cells in laboratory test tubes, they stop growing. More than 100 studies on a variety of cancer cells have demonstrated the effectiveness of genistein.
Genistein is thought to act against cancer in other ways as well, some similar to common cancer-treating drugs. For example, scientists believe certain enzymes in the body convert normal cells to cancer cells. Some cancer drugs simply inhibit these enzymes. In cancer cells, genistein has been shown to do the same.
Genistein Cancer Studies
Genistein may also work against cancers that depend on hormones to grow, such as breast and prostate cancer. Genistein may interfere with these hormones, thus inhibiting the development of cancer cells and tumors. Some research even indicates that genistein interferes with the process by which tumors receive nutrients and oxygen.
Researchers at the University of Minnesota attached genistein to antibodies and injected them into mice with leukaemia. All these mice survived, while a group of mice that did not get genistein died within three months.
These discoveries could have important implications for treatment of solid tumors, including malignancies of the breast, prostate, colon, and brain. Overall, isoflavones may have a role in the management of prostate cancer. The beneficial effects of isoflavones include:
• A decrease in blood androgen (testosterone) levels by increasing the level of SHBG (sex-hormone binding globulin). SHBG binds to testosterone. Therefore, less testosterone is available to help the cancer grow.
• Binding to androgen receptors. As a result, more potent sex hormones (testosterone, dihydrotestosterone) are blocked from binding to the receptors and stimulating cancer growth.
• Inhibition of alpha-5 reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to its most potent form (dihydrotestosterone).
• Restriction of other enzymes associated with cancer cell growth.
• Inhibition of tumor blood vessel formation. Blood vessel growth within the tumor allows the cancer to grow and spread.
• Decrease in insulin growth factor-1 (IGF-1), which may be a marker for increased prostate cancer risk.
Prostate cancer incidence and mortality rates in Asian countries are much lower than in the United States. Research suggests that one of the reasons for this difference in incidence rates may be the high soy protein content in the Asian diet. In countries such as Japan, Korea, China, and Taiwan, the estimated isoflavone mean daily intake is between 10-50 mg per day, as compared to 1-3 mg per day for Americans.
Studies point to diet as a major factor in the incidence of prostate cancer. In fact, migration studies have shown men from low-risk countries who move to the United States ultimately have the same risk for prostate cancer as the rest of the U.S. population. Researchers believe that this risk increase may be in part due to the change from a diet high in isoflavones to a more Westernized diet, which is low in isoflavones, lower in fruits and vegetables and higher in total fat. Cell culture and animal studies have shown that genistein inhibits tumor growth.
In one study, a group of human prostate cancer cells was treated with genistein and another group was left untreated. Prostate cancer cell growth was inhibited only in the cells treated with genistein. In another study, prostate cancer cells were transplanted into animal models. These animals ate either a soy-free diet or a soy-based diet. The progression of prostate cancer was reduced by 25% in the animals on the soy-based diet versus the animals on the soy-free diet.
• Soy protein intake should be 35 to 40 grams per day.
• A good way to add soy protein to your diet is by having a soy-protein smoothie with breakfast. Some soy protein isolate powders have up to 20 grams of soy protein and 20 mg of isoflavones per serving. (This is half of your recommended intake)
• Avoid soybean oils. Soybean oil does not contain beneficial isoflavones.
• It is best to get your isoflavones as they occur in soy products, such as soy protein isolate powder, tofu, and soy meat substitutes. Avoid isoflavone supplements, which may not provide the proper balance of genistein to daidzein.
• Start increasing your soy intake gradually. Large amounts of soy contain high amounts of soluble fiber, which can cause gastrointestinal discomfort.
Because, as previously mentioned, the incidence of breast cancer in Japan is far lower than in western countries like the U.S., and because the soy intake of Japanese women has historically been several hundred times higher than western women, a great deal of speculation has been devoted to the role that soy may play in preventing breast cancer.
When researchers isolated statistics about the intake of isoflavone-rich foods (particularly soy foods and miso soup) and measured them against the breast cancer information, three results stood out significantly:
• Consumption of isoflavone-rich foods and miso soup was associated with a decreased risk of breast cancer .
• Consumption of soy foods alone was NOT associated with a decreased risk of breast cancer .
• The decreased risk of breast cancer was strongest among postmenopausal women
Using Zapper Digital with the Soy Diet anti-cancer therapy is a sure guarantee of the greatest benefits. The Zapper can be used synergistically with all herbal treatments
(1) Advanced Frequency Generator: Zapper Digital ULTRA
(2) Professional Clinic Model: Zapper Digital Professional: (Based on Dr Clark’s Clinic Model)
Use only Frequency Generator Digital Zappers, that have more power than the conventional Zapper and are the «Digital type Zapper» specifically outlined on page 502 in «Cure for all diseases». Run a 10 frequency comprehensive parasite set on the Zapper Digital Professional model in order to target the various parasitic pathogens, who live in these particular frequency ranges.
(1) Technology –
(1) Technology –
Zapping Pathogens at the correct frequencies (Zapper Digital)… Purchase a Frequency Generator, like Zapper Digital Professional. Use this electro-therapy device daily to kill pathogens and cancer cells in the body. Follow the Royal Zapper ETDFL frequency book for the correct frequencies for the various types of cancer.
Follow a Diet specifically targeting the remission of cancer cells Follow an Anti-Cancer Diet from the list above (e.g. Essiac Tea, Aloe vera, Papaya Leaf) You will also find other diets in my free Cancer-Treatment book below. ADD a Cancer therapy diet today.
Follow a Detox Cleanse to remove toxins and waste from the body Do a Detox – Cleanse from the Cleanse menu above (e.g. Liver Cleanse, Bowel Cleanse), and rid the body of toxic wastes accumulated over years in the organs.
Take your health into your own hands and get educated. The medical fraternity rely on your ignorance to feed the pharmaceutical drug factories and incompetent Nuclear Radiation and Chemotherapy industries.
With Education, you can find the path to Cancer Treatment naturally, so I included my book here, free to download.